Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How do you feel about those personality surveys that can determine the fate of your career?

We have all done it. You see a job that would be perfect for you. You submit your resume. You get past the initial screening. Next you receive the dreaded personality survey with the misleading, repetitive questions that will probably knock you out of the running for being among the remaining qualified candidates. We have to summarize complex answers into the confines of "strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree and strongly disagree"





Do you really think this is an accurate method for screening job candidate?





Also, does anyone have any particular techniques that they use when faced with these questions?





Juuust wondering.

How do you feel about those personality surveys that can determine the fate of your career?
I don't like them very much.
Reply:I think they are stupid and demeaning . No i dont think they are accurate, I can tell more about your personality by asking your date of birth and then looking up your astrology, and then theres the problem many people have with freezing up during interviews or tests. Some of the best people to hire are the ones that flunk these tests. The last one I took , I marked nuetral on each and every question and on the bottom I wrote, "please hire me because i need a job and im a hard worker, not because of my opinions . I got the job !!


No comments:

Post a Comment